VPPA & PPA - Working together
What is a PPA Affiliate?
Affiliates are autonomous organizations that choose to affiliate with the Professional Photographers of America (also known as PPA). PPA provides valuable networking and educational opportunities for photographers, and as an Affiliate of PPA, they can offer merits towards PPA degrees.
Many professional photography associations around the country (and around the world) have aligned their organizations with Professional Photographers of America and Virginia is proud to affiliate with PPA and to offer the many benefits of this national organization to our membership.
VPPA is the only PPA Affiliate authorized to operate in the Commonwealth of Virginia!
PPA is dedicated to helping VPPA attract members to our educational programs, as well as assist our leaders in the management of our organization. PPA offers:
- Affiliate leadership training
- An Affiliate Leaders meeting at Imaging USA
- PPA merit allotment—help our members earn their PPA professional degrees
- Sponsor PPA approved continuing education classes – available only to affiliates
- PPA Affiliate School designation
Word of mouth advertising is priceless, but if you have the opportunity to get it in print or online... why not? Below are advertising outlets offered through PPA.
- Affiliate contact listed in the directory on PPA.com
- PPA.com online events calendar (for conventions, image competitions and approved continuing education merited courses)
- Mail/email lists to reach out to PPA members in your surrounding area (available through a third party list management service for a nominal fee)
Awards & Recognition
Photographic competition is a great way for professionals to gain recognition. PPA has designed awards for affiliates to give out to their members.
- The National Award: This award is available to state, regional, and national affiliates to honor an individual for outstanding services to professional photography.
- CPP Award: Can be used to enhance our affiliate state or district photographic competition. The CPP Award recognizes the highest scoring Certified Professional Photographer (CPP) print, album or electronic submission.
PPA is always working to share new ideas on how to attract people to PPA and Affiliates.
Don’t forget that as an affiliate perk, PPA will donate one PPA membership and an Imaging USA all-access pass to give away during our annual meeting.
Simply email email@example.com with your request and details.
- PPA affiliate recruitment program: When our organization recruits members to PPA, PPA rewards us! Receive $25 (Aspiring) or $50 (Professional Active) for each recruited member.
- New member mailing affiliate piece: When someone becomes a PPA member they receive a letter telling them more about PPA Affiliates and the benefits of becoming involved at the local and state level.
- New member list: Every quarter you will find a list of new PPA members on PPA.com, so you can contact them to provide more information about your organization. Affiliates are a very important part of PPA
- PPA offers numerous benefits that will help our association achieve success. They are broken down into the categories below.
- theLoop Affiliate Leaders Community: This community allows leaders of PPA Affiliate organizations to share their best practices with other leaders.
- theLoop state communities: Post information in our state community about all upcoming events or membership drives. All PPA members who reside in Virginia and are active on theLoop will receive notification that VPPA has posted something.